Tuesday, August 4, 2015

How to Scotchgard Converse

As you know, I got white converse and I love them. I decided to do a tutorial on how to scotchgard them so that they stay pristine.

The supplies you need are converse, scotchgard, and tape. You might want to do this outside or away from any materials that could get ruined.

The first thing you want to do is remove your shoelaces.

Next, you want to mask off all rubber.

Spray 6 inches away and be sure to cover it completely. Let it dry between coats. I did 3 all together.

You should also spray the laces.

Finally, remove tape and insert laces. There might get be some residue leftover if you don't use painters tape. Now you have converse that are ready to take on the world. 

7 comments:

  1. Which scotchguard spray did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Veronica,
      I just used Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Protector.

      Delete
  2. Why do you need to mask off the rubber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle says not to use on rubber, but it is completely up to you as it didn't seem to make a difference.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this. I'm psyched about my new Fred Perry's and being able to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you clean them once they have been Scotchgarded?

    ReplyDelete